Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Ollie Orange Bear cartoon by Gloria Poole of Missouri and Georgia

Cartoon-ladybugpicnicalert-by-gloriapoole-of-Missouri-23-Apr-2014
Cartoon: Lady bug picnic protest by Gloria Poole of Missouri and Georgia; 23-April-2014
The story of the Lady Bug Picnic resumes so if you are reading this to a small child, begin here:

Lady Octavia looked out her kitchen window, after she got back from telling her friends about the Astronaut photo that appeared on her phone;  and lo and behold! Ollie Orange Bear was marching back and forth on the sidewalk near her house under The Big Tree, and he was carrying a white flag with the words "Lady Bug Picnic" written on it and he was waving it around and shouting . She rushed to talk to him. "Ollie Orange Bear, what are you doing? " she asked.  
Ollie said, "Miss Octavia, you know my cousins Mr and Mrs Orange Bear?" 
"Well, indeed I do. I met them when I visited their Welcome Home hostel to see if it would be adequate if a rain-out occurred for our picnic", replied Lady Octavia. 
 "Well. Yes. I knew that because they told me. But I am mad because I have been waiting forever for that picnic! I want to be there at the Welcome Home when you have that picnic and sort of wander over to it to see Raymond Reindeer. You know he was in the news and I don't think I will have another chance to meet him. So WHEN IS THAT PICNIC?" he asked practically shouting at her. 
 "Oh, I see", said Lady Octavia, "well. Ollie, we couldn't have a picnic in the snow! Every time we had it planned it snowed, or had downpour from heaven. It was really discouraging to us Lady Bugs too." 
Ollie said, "but Miss Olivia [he was taught to call his elders by their proper title but Lady just sounded too formal since after all, he was protesting her at her own house] , spring has sprung. The snow is gone. So ?". 
 Lady Octavia laughed and said, "Ollie, you're in luck because it is soon. I will call you personally when we have a few consecutive days of warm , pleasant, dry weather to tell you when to see Raymond Reindeer at the picnic. AND, if you march around with that flag to notify everyone, why, I might even invite you to the picnic. "
 Ollie grinned and replied "I am happy, happy, happy, Miss Olivia. Thank you very much. I'm going right now to tell my cousins Mr and Mrs Orange Bear that the picnic is on again. Of course, weather good for picnic is also good for travelers who love my cousins' hostel. Life is good, Miss Olivia. " 
And he left. 

Stay tuned . 
Copyright Notice: I, Gloria Poole, of Missouri but born in state of Georgia, also known as Gloria on the art on this and other blogs of mine, own this blog and all rights to all content on it. I wrote it, created illustrations by drawing, painting, signing, photographing and uploading them; and create the blog from the get-go. The words/ story/ art of this is copyrighted original content and may not be reproduced by anyone but me Gloria Poole of Missouri. Also, see my May 2014 selfie and full copyright statement on the about me page on this blog and see my other blogs I create and own the copyrights too, on the about me page also.
Gloria Poole; at my apartment in Missouri which is not shared with anyone; 23-April-2014 at 11:45am.