Monday, February 10, 2014

The purpose of this blog is READING to children.

"Reading time" sketch by Gloria Poole of Missouri; in acrylics; Feb 2014
"Reading Time" sketch by Gloria Poole in Missouri; yr 2014 in acrylics. 

This entry is not about the story of the Lady bug Picnic, which is written in full already as a book and hopefully will be in mass production in coming year. This entry is about my goal for this blog, which is encouraging parents of young children to READ to their children so their children learn to love to read, and learn to read, and that reading is a part of every day normal existence. This sketch is one that I, Gloria Poole, drew, then painted in watercolors, then repainted in acrylics to illustrate reading to a small child. I purposely chose a man's image to put into this sketch because men in the U S have had a careless disregard for their children and the children of the nation have suffered from lack of father involvement. Of course, a lot of women who work outside the home, often spend little time with their children also. The nation as a whole is suffering because of it. This blog has a mission. I am illustrating it and writing this entry to confirm what that mission is. The story of the Lady bug picnic is merely a "vehicle" for getting parents and children involved in reading together.  The "people" in this sketch are not real people that are known to me. The image of the little girl is totally made up by me with a pencil and paint brush and so is the doll. I saw a similar looking man in an ad and thought he looked about right age to have small child; then altered it some to make it different from ad. 

Also, this sketch is on another blog of mine, and is included in the body of art I have created and is not only for this blog; and is not one of the illustrations of the book as it currently exist. I have the actual, physical art that I created and put on this blog [and all blogs of mine] and  I photographed it myself in most instances. Copyright notice: I, Gloria Poole, or Missouri [but born in state of Georgia in U S] own all rights to this blog and all content of it including word and text, and to the art I create, in any form, with any medium or tool or any surface, for any reason, whether or not I display it publicly anywhere. I also own the copyright to the book I have referenced in this blog, that I wrote, that is process of  being mass produced for sale [GOD willing] and is copyrighted to me Gloria Poole of Missouri.  I will provide more information on the book once all details are finalized. My plan at this point is to have reproductions /prints of the art I created in the book along with the story that I wrote that includes portions you have read on this blog, plus the rest of the story and accompanying art.  

Also, for the record, I am a white, single,[ divorced twice] Christian, woman and the natural mother of two grown daughters who are Jennifer and Leigh; and a Registered Nurse licensed in Missouri; and a blogger, photographer, poet, artist in all mediums; and a prolife republican. 

Gloria Poole, at my apt in Missouri, which is my only residence for legal purposes of copyright]; 10-February-201 at 8:41am.